envision a new world design charrette

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
envision a new world design charrette

Imagining Beyond The Year 2012: Designing, Co-creating, and Holding A Collective Vision of Positive Future Possibilities.

Actually It's NOT December 21, 2012. It's October 28, 2011.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Actually It's NOT December 21, 2012. It's October 28, 2011. Empty Actually It's NOT December 21, 2012. It's October 28, 2011.

Post  Admin Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Dr. Carl Johan Calleman, who has been studying the Mayan calendar for 30 years, along with contemporary Mayan Elders rejects the popular notion that the calendar ends on December 21, 2012.

Calleman Says this:

"The most important argument in favor of the December 21, 2012 date seems to be that there is agreement among the archeologists about it and hence no one should question it. But since modern archeologists approach the Mayan calendar as a superstition to begin with how could they possibly know when the completion date of the divine process of creation would be? The divine plan is not their field of study. Only someone who sets out to understand how the Mayan calendar describes the cosmic plan would be able to arrive at the correct end date for this....

"[Many people are beginning to feel] that there is something wrong with the December 21, 2012 end date of the Long Count. This experience will only increase in the years to come at least among those that are not content with repeating what other people are saying and who actually are able themselves to experience the wave movement of divine creation towards the state of oneness. And it is to those that I am primarily addressing myself, because it is those that may craft the path that the divine plan seems to be laying out for us. I am not primarily addressing myself to those for whom it is more important to be right about a date than to facilitate the spiritual future of humanity. In this context I would also like to point out that many people have a strong intuitive sense that the year 2012 will mean something special. This intuitive sense is fully consistent with the October 28, 2011 date, since if the divine process of creation is completed on that day it will indeed be the year 2012 that will usher the great change."

Read more about this at: http://mayanmajix.com/art2407.html

Also check out Calleman's excellent book: The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Actually It's NOT December 21, 2012. It's October 28, 2011. Empty origin of winter solstice alignment myth

Post  Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:20 am

I have been wondering about why so many people have bought into the winter solstice alignment myth in the absence of any evidence whatsoever that it plays a role in evolution and any verified predictions whatsoever by those who embrace it (correct me if I am wrong).

I think the reason it has this appeal is that especially to people in the Northern hemisphere it has the same origin as the fact that Christmas was placed at the same time despite the fact that no one seriously believes that Jesus was born at that date. The origin of our belief in the Winter Solstice is very ancient and deeply ingrained in us from the cycles of the Earth around the sun. Since I come from Sweden and spent one of my childhood years in a town called Malmberget above the Arctic circle I have experienced first hand what it is like when the sun completely disappears for about a week around the Winter Solstice. On such latitudes the celebrations of equinoxes and solstices have thus played an enormous role in the seasonal cycle of birth and death and become almost necessary for your biological wellbeing.

It is not only that. The Zeitgeist movie exemplifies how several religions have worshipped central deities, like Christ, who supposedly had been born at December 25 after three days of darkness following the winter solstice. The movie argues that all these religions and the deities they worship have just hijacked an old sun god who died and was reborn at the winter solstice and turned it into something new (I am not familiar with the actual source of these thoughts, but I think they acknowledge them). I find these to be interesting ideas. It is easy to understand that in ancient times, when the sun was worshipped as a god, people would be scared to death at northern latitudes around the winter solstice thinking that this god would not come back and then burst into gratitude on December 25 when it became apparent that the sun god would start to rise again. A cycle of a death and rebirth was experienced and associated with the deity such as Christ. I do not think that the equatorial culture of the Maya designed the Long Count so as to end on a winter solstice. They were only interested in its beginning at a dy when the sun was in zenith in Izapa, but I do believe that the appeal of the Winter Solstice alignment among modern peole is the same as that of Christmas. Even though we now know that this was a complete superstition it is easy to understand especially for me with experiences from northern latitudes how such a superstition can be extremely profound and almost inseparable from the human psyche. There is nothing wrong with celebrating such solstices and equinoxes and I will often do it myself especially midsummer. It is only that we should now that this is nothing but an identically repeating cycle with its origin in the mechanics of the solar system and has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. So many people misunderstand the Mayan calendar system and think that it is merely cyclical. In fact it is linear-cyclical, evolutionary, in such a way that a cycle never comes to the same place in the evolution of consciousness. All Mayan text refer to the Tree of Life as the source of the Long Count and never to any astronomical cycle for this.
    Last edited on Sat May 16th, 2009 05:06 pm by carljohancalleman

Source: http://mayanmajix.com/portal/view_topic.php?id=8&forum_id=1

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am